U18/U21 Curling has two programs. Recreational curling and Competitive Team Development Program on Tuesday afternoon from 4:30 to 6:30 pm
U12 Program - 6 Session Program - Will begin January 2024 (date to be confirmed) by end of December - Alternating Sunday's from 10:00AM - 12:00PM
- No experience necessary.
- Curling instruction is provided but the focus is on game play.
- Curlers are invited to participate in the club's free Curling 101 clinics for more instruction.
Competitive Team Development Program
- Combination of round robin play and coaching clinics.
- A team coach is recommended but not mandatory.
Please ensure that all the curlers arrive at least 15 minutes early to get ready for their program.
All participants in U18/21 Curling will need the following:
- Curling shoes with a removable gripper. Flat soled running shoes can be used if they have not been worn outside. You will need to purchase two grippers and a slider in order to use running shoes.
- Curling broom. Club brooms are available for use.
- Warm clothing. Layers are good. Fleece or other fabrics that shed will not be allowed on the ice.
- Mittens/gloves should have a leather or non slip palm
- Helmets are strongly recommended but are not mandatory. If you are using a helmet it must be approved for curling, ice hockey or snow sports. Bicycle helmets are not appropriate for curling.
Our Pro Shop stocks all necessary curling equipment and attire.
Locker rooms are on the lower level of the club. Please use the appropriate locker rooms to get ready and store your gear. Parents & guests should also bring slippers or indoor shoes. Outdoor footwear must be left in the locker room. This will help to keep our club and ice surface clean.
For those new to the sport of curling, here is a link to the workbook we use with our program: Getting Started in Curling
Our program is based on the Long term Athlete Development model. This is a nationally based program for coaches and athletes in both the recreational and competitive streams. Click the link for more information: Long term athlete development for parents
We look forward to a fun filled season!
The Youth Curling Committee